Saturday, August 16, 2014

Out on the Town

Forry saw an ad in the Camping World catalog for a stand for thirty gallon trash bag stand. We have decided to quit using our "in the far corner" garbage chute and instead use that space for storage. I have just been keeping a trash bag on the floor in the kitchen, but Forry thought a stand was needed.

So we made the trek out to the Spokane Valley to the Camping World. As we walked in the door, Forry spotted a folding drying rack for hanging shirts to dry. It annoys him that I hang them on the knobs of the cupboards above the front seats as he has to duck when he goes out the door. So he got this rather large rack. I'm not quite sure where he is going to stow it, but oh, well.

On the way back, we stopped at Furniture Row to see if we could find a hassock (Forry thinks the cardboard box with the tussock on top of it is tacky...). I want one that isn't much more than 18 inches wide, but found out they are hard to come by. Most of the ones we saw were 24 by 24 and on up. We made another stop at Walker's Furniture and didn't have much better luck. The 20 by 20 one we found that might have worked was on sale for $349 -- a bit more than I wanted to pay! Finally found one that I think will work in the way back of the store. We'll have to go to the warehouse to pick it up Monday,

We went over to Kendall Yards on the Spokane River for dinner. I thought that the restaurant that my friend Diane had told me about was The Wandering Table, but it was a different one. We had some great food, but the service was incredibly slow. I'd be willing to try it again, but not on a busy Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment