Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Closets!

I hadn't even finished my first cup of coffee this morning when the phone rang. It was Victoria from Dr. Powers' office, calling to tell us that they were most likely going to have to postpone Forrest's back surgery for a couple of weeks! It seems that Dr. Powers had been on orthopedic call this weekend and now had three emergency surgeries he needed to fit into his allotted surgery slots. She called back later to say Forry's surgery had been rescheduled for September 23rd.

One good thing about it. I called Spokane Respiratory Consultants and discovered they had not yet filled Forry's original appointment on the 9th with Dr. Elmer. So that is re-scheduled.

After the very sad Mariners game early this afternoon, we finally tackled the closet above the washer/dryer where Forry keeps his clothes. Beside his clothes it was crammed with everything we really didn't know where to put somewhere else. Over the last few years, Forry has decided he only wants to wear shirts with pockets, so we were able to pack an entire bag with no longer worn tee shirts that can be donated to Goodwill.1

I cannot believe that we filled a whole 'nother bag with BAGS! We had bags from conferences, conventions, dealers, meetings etc. Some of them I actually threw away. Some of them are pretty classy. Others not so much. I did save back a half dozen as I do take them to meetings.

It does feel good to have that closet cleaned out and to see how much room Forry now has. But that also means my closet is next...

No comments:

Post a Comment