Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Another Day

Well, we've worked our way around the RV doing the deep cleaning thing. We did the bathroom cupboards today, so all there is left are the tough ones -- the ones in the bedroom. I know there are clothes in both of our closets and drawers that we have not worn, nor are we likely to wear them. It's the dressier clothes, the ones we've kept "just in case" we might have to go to something a bit more formal than usual. And of course, there are the warmer clothes, the sweaters and jackets. I do occasionally wear one or two of my jackets when I go to Mennonite Church USA Executive Board meetings. I've got another ten months left on my last term of office. so then that need will be gone as well.

None of the churches we attend are "dressy." Even the pastors do not wear suits and ties. Jeans and knit shirts are likely on both men and women. My, how things have changed during our lifetime!

We've had a few claps of thunder this evening along with a brief rain shower. There are scattered clouds around the horizon, but I doubt if we'll get anything more. It's only been in the high seventies today, which is a very pleasant change.

This afternoon's Mariner's game, however, was anything but pleasant! I'm not quite sure how the Phillies managed to win today and take the series...

No comments:

Post a Comment