Saturday, April 4, 2015

Back In the Trees - And the Cold!

It got COLD last night! Not below freezing as had been forecast, but down to 37 degrees. It was 41 when I got up the first time this morning and it didn't take much to convince myself to crawl back into our warm bed for a couple more hours. I finally got up a little after eight, but Forry slept until almost ten. He said he felt like a new man! I was relieved as he was so tired last night, I was a bit worried.

The KOA here in Flagstaff is an older park with fairly narrow roads. We are definitely back in the pine trees and of course, there were staff people out raking up piles of needles.


Walking around to the other side of Auntie Violet, I was surprised to see a burst of color.






Sure enough, this little tree was in full bloom. I guess Spring has come to the mountains of Arizona as well.


Forry felt ambitious enough this afternoon to unhook Toad II and head into town to check out where we could get diesel. Although we think there would have been room at the Safeway station, we decided we would wait until we were a bit further down the road and could find a Pilot or Flying J.

We did stop and get a few groceries and some cash. We've found the easiest way for us to get cash is to use my Debit card at the grocery store. There are no fees like when we use most ATMs. I also got a small piece of ham to go with the asparagus I bought for tomorrow night's dinner. We'll head out in the morning and get a bit further along the way north.

No comments:

Post a Comment