Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Once Again, Back Again

We headed out this morning on the last leg of our journey north, once again taking I-84 until we got to I-82, then Hwy 395 all the way to I-90 to Spokane. Here we're crossing the Umatilla River.


With McNary Dam off to our right -


Then it's on to the Tri-cities and crossing the Blue Bridge over the Columbia River -


We made our usual stop at The Country Mercantile a few miles further alongside the highway. This former fruit stand is now quite a super market. I bought some fresh asparagus, some fresh enchiladas for tonight's supper, a new jar of their very good lime pepper (that Brother Pat introduced us to), as well as ice cream cones - chocolate suicide for Forry and maplenut for me. We got to watch an interesting sight when we parked at the Mercantile - they were unloading some longhorn cattle from this pickup and trailer into the field alongside.


We think there were eleven of these steers with the humongous horns! I don't know if they're going to be a permanent exhibit or whether their owner is taking advantage of the cornstalks for forage... 


Another hour or so and we reached Exit 272 on I-90 and turned off to head up Thomas Mallon Road to Ponderosa Falls RV Resort. We'll spend the next two weeks here.


2 comments:

  1. wow welcome home. where is Ponderosa pines???? give me a location

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of workampers, with whom we worked in Coeur d'Alene, are working at Ponderosa Falls, I believe. Their names are Glenn and Patti Siron. Maybe you'll meet them. Have a happy stay there!

    ReplyDelete