Friday, August 26, 2011

A Day Trip to Touchet

This morning we were up early to leave for Sister Sherry's farm on the Touchet River (near Walla Walla, Washington).  We took the back way down through Colfax, Dayton and Waitsburg.  We were surprised to see how many wind towers that weren't here the last time we came this way.  The Snake River Wind Farm must have several hundred of them now!



We haven't been down at the farm since we spent a few days here earlier this summer.  I had some books I wanted to return to Sherry and I had bought her a copy of Ree Drummond's new book about her basset hound Charley as well.  Sherry had some of the tomatoes from her garden in BLTs for us when we arrived just in time for lunch -- and some cucumbers as well.

We sat around and visited for a good share of the afternoon, then Sherry and I took advantage of her pool to get some exercise and cool off.  She stuck some ribs and potatoes in the oven for supper while Forry enjoyed a nap.

Of course, I had to spend some time playing with and brushing out my favorite of her mastiffs, the lovable, mellow Deacon --



This is the new puppy, Keiko.  He's now eight months old and is one of the litter that Sister Sherry helped hand-feed last winter.  He's proving to be as mellow as Deac.  I'm not sure where the third mastiff was when I snapped these pictures.  The two males are fawn-colored, while Corin is an apricot.


We will be heading back to Spokane tonight (after Forry finishes watching the Mariner's game...) It's a lot of driving for one day -- but I did want to see my sister before we head east!

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing these windmills. They are awesome. The most we've seen together were in southern Idaho, miles and miles of them!

    ReplyDelete