Saturday, August 27, 2011

"The Help"

This evening Forrest and I went to see the movie, The Help, at Riverpark Square AMC Theatre in Spokane.  I had read the book by Katheryn Stockett when it fist came out and really liked it.  Then I pulled it back up on my Kindle when the movie came out and re-read it.  It's not often that I think a movie is as good as the book, but I think this one was. Emma Stone as Skeeter, Octavia Spencer as Abileen and Viola Davis as Minnie (love her eyes!) should all get Academy Awards!

As we were going up the escalator to the theatre, we saw old friends Judy and Tim coming down.  They came back up and we had a very nice visit. It was sure good to catch up on what is going on with all the sisters and kids.  We spent a great deal of time together with Judy when her and our kids were youngsters. She is retired now while Tim is planning to teach another couple of years.

I got a couple of loads of laundry done today -- had to get our dog-slobbered jeans washed -- but that's about all I accomplished.  It was hot again today, with temps in the high 90's.

No comments:

Post a Comment