Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Laundry -- and the Ladies

It was a good day to do laundry.  There was enough of a breeze to quickly dry the clothes -- one batch was dry before I had the next ready to hang up.  I only did a couple of loads.  It's a lot easier to keep up when I don't wait a week or more.

This afternoon I made a salad with fresh corn (cut off the cob), diced Walla Walla sweet onion, red pepper and avocados.  I made a dressing of lime juice and salt with lime flavored olive oil.  Just before I left with it, I added some pine nuts and quartered small tomatoes.  This was all for a gathering of the Women's Bible Study group from Menno.  I will most likely not be here for the study that will be starting in September, but it was great to spend time with the ladies.  We met over at Barb's house for a scrumptious salad bar dinner.

We had a good update on our friend Vic this evening.  He's had a struggle post his successful knee surgery last week and is still in the hospital in Wenatchee.  But today it seems he is doing much better.  He may get transferred to the rehab place in Moses Lake by Friday, or more likely on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment