Thursday, August 25, 2011

Toenails and Eyebrows

My friend Juni from Albuquerque, New Mexico introduced me to eyebrow waxing last year when we were in Phoenix together.  Having fought with plucking my uni-brow all my life, it was liberating to discover a better way of dealing with it!  Since we are staying on at Ponderosa RV Resort until next week when Auntie Violet gets her oil changed, I got on the telephone yesterday and got some recommendations.  I ended up making an appointment for eleven o'clock this morning at a place called Lee's Nails in the Safeway complex in Cheney.

It's interesting that this is the third time I've had it done, once in Phoenix, once in Albuquerque and now here in Cheney, and every shop I've been in has been run by Vietnamese.  Today it was two guys, the youngest one did my pedicure and the other the waxing. The younger one's wife was there as well, but she was busy watching soap operas...  It cost just about half as much here as it did in Albuquerque.

There was a hardware store in the same complex, so I went over to see if I could get a magnetic holder for the Toad's spare key.  They not only had one of those, but I also bought a box of paper tags.  I've been using them to label some of the MANY keys we seem to have. (We added two more yesterday with the keys for Toad's roof topper...)

When I got back to Auntie Violet, Forry was in the midst of cleaning out the last bay on the passenger side.  We retrieved the disks for Office 2003 and for LoJack.  I'll need to install them on my new computer.  I think I may still have a newer version of Office, but darned if I can find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment