Friday, August 12, 2011

Sorting Time

It seems like once you start cleaning and organizing, it just keeps going.  Thank goodness our unwelcome visitors did not decide to explore any further than the kitchen area, but once we got all those cupboards cleaned and cloroxed, I've just kept going.  I had gone through all the bedroom and bathroom cupboards and closets a few weeks ago (and believe me, I've checked them again...!)  Today I started on the desk area.  I had a bunch of the files out as we were doing stuff in Spokane and I had all of them to put back -- and a few more to set up.  That got a lot of the clutter on my desk out of the way.  I still need to remove the computers and use some Liquid Gold on the desk itself -- maybe tomorrow.

We have certainly been enjoying Summer's bounty of fresh fruit.  There are still fresh cherries in the market -- the last ones I bought were actually from Montana.  I also came home with a melon, peaches and plums.  We've had some really nice apricots and a good honey dew melon.  I did go over this evening and get some fresh zucchini from the neighbor's garden to add to our salads.  The one thing we are NOT seeing yet are tomatoes.  So far, the ones I've seen have all been hothouse ones, or else the cardboard travelling ones.

I just finished reading a rather nice book on my Kindle called The Mill River Recluse by Darci Chan.  It was a good summer "feel-good" read.  I've just started Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay.  I can already tell this is going to be a tough one.  It's about the round-up of Jews by French police in July of 1942 as told by a ten year-old girl.

1 comment:

  1. Charlotte ~ Thank you so much for reading my novel! Happy travels and happy reading!

    Sincerely,
    Darcie Chan
    http://www.darciechan.com

    ReplyDelete