Monday, August 1, 2011

Quiet, Hot and Frustrating...

We had a quiet day today. It was nice to sleep in and not to have to be anywhere.  It was a typical August day at Tree Heart Ranch, Ltd.  It got up to ninety degrees (good harvesting weather) on a cloudless sunny day.  But, as is usual down in this coulee, the temperature is already starting to drop this evening -- it's 60 degrees at 9 PM.  It's been getting into the low forties about five in the morning.  Chilly enough to start looking for that blanket you threw off when you went to bed...

We have not been getting good phone reception with either phone down here.  I am trying to set up appointments for all of the referrals we got from our primary care doc last week.  She wanted me to get a bone density test along with my mammogram.  I was calling to set up the appointments with Inland Imaging in Spokane this morning (I finally drove up to the top of the hill), but they needed the reference number from Group Health.  I called Seattle and got that, then Inland said they had not gotten the order... So I called the doctor's office and talked to the staff person who was sure she had sent it last week.  She promised to fax it over to Inland this afternoon, so I'll try making an appointment again in the morning.

I did get Forry's appointment set for an echo cardiogram this coming Friday.  It's been eleven years since he had his mitral valve repaired and it's time to check up on it.  I tried to get an appointment with my back surgeon for the follow-up x-rays he wanted this summer, but his scheduler's voice mail said she was out and would be back on Monday?  I called later in the afternoon and got the same message, so I'll try her again tomorrow as well.

Since I have to take the calendar and all of the paperwork I need with me in the car to the top of the hill (where I park alongside the road), it would be nice if I could get everything taken care of all at once.  I guess I really have nothing but time, but I still get frustrated...!

No comments:

Post a Comment