Saturday, August 6, 2011

Unwelcome Company

While we were in Pennsylvania a few weeks ago, Auntie Violet took advantage of our absence and invited in some company we did NOT want! I guess I shouldn't blame her, they took advantage of a house that was empty for two weeks.  So far, we have trapped SIX of the nasty things!  We have various traps and sticky pads all over the place, but I am not sure we have managed to catch all of them.  We have reinforced the bait sticks in the downstairs bays, but have not yet put out new Irish Spring soap.  We do have light strips underneath Auntie Violet that are on a timer and come on automatically.  But all of these deterrents may not yet have stopped the visitors...

Because of the company, I have been on a cleaning binge -- I'm very thankful for Clorox spray!  Though they haven't been anywhere near the high medicine chest above the bathroom sink, I tackled that and the shower today.  I am always surprised how many half-empty and empty dried-out bottles I find when I sort that cupboard out.  And yet, I find myself hesitating to throw out something that might have a little bit of use left...

The Mariners won their game in Anaheim this evening and the PBR is back on TV after their summer break.  The bull riding is being held in Montana this weekend and the Brazilians are stealing the show.  When it's too hot to be outside, it's a good thing there's something interesting to watch on TV.  I've been reading all of Tess Gerritsen's books and have had enough of mysteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment