Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hot, Hot, HOT!

It is definitely the Dog Days of Summer -- whatever that means!  The temperature was in the high nineties even before noon today.  We decided to go ahead and turn the air conditioner on early.  Neither of us like AC very much, but by mid-afternoon with the sun striking Auntie Violet broadside from the west, it is miserable in here without it.  Nicely enough, the humidity is so low that it only registers as "LO."  I can't even imagine what it would be like if we had the humidity of the Midwest and east...!

When I drove over to Barb's last evening, it was very apparent that just about everyone is harvesting.  There are combines and trucks in wheat fields all over the place.  From what we are hearing so far, the yields seem to be good.

I had read The Help several months ago when the book first came.  Now with all of the publicity about the movie, I decided to read it again.  I pulled it back up on the Kindle app on my iPhone.  It's a good book for a hot summer day.  Other than making a batch of beef stroganoff for supper, that's about all I accomplished today.

No comments:

Post a Comment