Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Vegetarian Feast

"If you could eat like this, being a vegetarian might not be too bad," said Brother Pat as he finished off the feast we had tonight at his house.  I had brought the makings of a Walla Walla Sweet Onion Pie over with me.  I had par-baked the pie shell and measured out all of the other ingredients at home; then sliced and sauteed the onions in Cindy's kitchen.  While the pie baked, Pat brought in corn, cucumbers and tomatoes from his garden.  These were the first "real"tomatoes I've had this year, and were they ever good! Add some chunks of watermelon and cantalope and we did have a feast.  To top it off, Cindy had made a peach and blueberry crunch for dessert. Served warm with a little ice cream, it was delicious!

Patrick had read comments on my blog about onion pie and couldn't quite imagine what it might be like, so I promised I would fix him one.  His brother-in-law also came over and snagged a piece as he was curious too.

We've been watching the Mariners game against the Red Sox  Ichiro led off the game with a home run and they're still ahead 5-4 in the 7th.  Sure hope they can hang on.

No comments:

Post a Comment