Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Once Again, A Day in Spokane

The Toad (towed) had an appointment in Spokane at Barton Jeep at 9:30 this morning!  Barton Jeep is in the Spokane Valley, so in order to be there on time, we had to leave at 7:30 AM. I don't think my hair was even dry when I got in the car. We grabbed some Mickey D's breakfasts on our way through Ritzville and even made a potty stop at the Sprague rest area and still got there on time. Toad has four spanking new Goodyear tires -- with the white writing facing out. (I don't know why that is important, but the garage man was quite serious about coming out to the waiting room to ask me which way I wanted the lettering...)

The Barton crew just barely got the tires and front end alignment done before it was time to scoot across town for my appointment with my orthopaedic surgeon. I was one of his first patients when he moved to Spokane a year and one half ago.  And he says I am his star patient -- he's very pleased with how well everything had turned out and how pain-free I am.  He had a medical student with him today and had a great time telling him all about it. Today's x-rays looked good.  There is nice bone growth all around the rods and screws and everything has stayed where it belongs. Unless I have problems, I don't have to come back to see him again.  NICE!

From Dr. Powers' office, we went over to the Spokane Teachers Credit Union to see about moving our RV loan to them from Bank of America.  When they went to check my credit score, we discovered there was still a "NO Report Freeze" on it from when we had an errant courier at my former employer (his bag of payroll documents was stolen when he stashed it in a locker overnight rather than delivering it...).  When you call Equifax to try to the freeze taken off so the credit union can check it, you get nothing but automated stuff that takes you around in circles.  And their web-site is just as bad.  I LOVE THE INTERNET! When I typed in "how can I talk to a real person at Equifax?"; I got to a web-site of the same question.  There were several phone numbers as answers -- the fourth one I tried worked.  I got an actual person who was able to remove the freeze!  She told me it might take from 15 minutes to three days for it to work.  I called STCU to let them know, Kim tried it and it worked!

We were at Son Sean's apartment while I was trying to get through to Equifax visiting with him. He was waiting for us to take him out to dinner.  We ended up at Hill's downtown which I would rate as an "okay" place to eat.  I had a roasted vegetable panini (Sean ate half of it), Forry had a Reuben and Sean had Philly cheese steak.

The bad thing about returning west from Spokane is having to drive into the setting sun.  Even with a fairly clean windshiled, it's not real fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment