Thursday, August 18, 2011

An Eye Exam -- and a Polish Dog!

I had an appointment late this afternoon for my annual eye examination at Group Health.  I was only there about an hour.  There are no real changes to my eyes, but I did pick up a new copy of the prescription for my eyeglasses (in case I break them on the road?!).

I have been emptying out the freezer half of our side-by-side unit, getting ready to re-stock as we go back on the road.  I enjoy getting local produce and fruit, but would much rather have meat in the freezer.  So, today was a trip to Costco to stock up on hamburger (1 pound packages), steaks and pork chops.  I buy the family-size trays of steaks and chops; then bring them home and repackage them one to a ziplock freezer bag. I use the chops especially to make stir-fry -- one thick one is more then enough for the two of us.  I usually fix just one steak which we split. I also picked up some ham and some Chinese BBQ pork.  The freezer is now full again!  And a bonus today -- fresh figs were in!

Since it was getting pretty late, it just seemed like the thing to do was to have Costco Polish dogs for supper.  I think that's Forry's favorite meal.  This one happens to be mine -- his would have sauerkraut added to it as well.


I don't know where else you can eat two Polish dogs, drink your fill of diet Pepsi, share a churro for dessert and still get back change from a $5 bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment