Monday, August 29, 2011

Mondays

Mondays are always interesting.  There's a certain amount of let-down after the weekend and of settling back into the regular week day routine.  But when you're retired, you don't have to face getting up and going to work -- and dealing with all  of the crises (the dictionary says that's the way to spell the plural of crisis, but it sure doesn't look right...) that seemed to come on Mondays.

I had opened a container of crab (from Costco) last week to make a crab garden salad on one of those very hot days.  It doesn't keep well once it is opened, so this morning I put some water on to boil for pasta and made a batch of Auntie June's crab salad, half of which we ate for lunch. I spent most of the morning working with my new computer.  I've gotten the Norton 360 software installed and also got the new computer to connect with my printer.  When I first put in the printer disc to install the drivers, I got a message that the new computer was not compatible.  But when I checked the Control Panel under printers, my printer was listed -- and it worked!  So I was able to print off the Payment Vouchers that our accountant Cleon had sent us this morning.

I've been wanting to find some nicer boxes for the Squash Blossom necklaces Forry bought me for my birthday (the ones they came in are just cardboard).  I had checked with Rings n Things who said they didn't carry them, but suggested I try Michael's Arts and Crafts or Hobby Lobby.  So later this afternoon, we drove out to the Valley to see if we could find anything.  Both stores had mannequins for displaying necklaces, but neither carried presentation type boxes.  I know that Rio Grande carries what I want, but their minimum order is six, so I guess I'll have to just keep looking.

We made a quick post office stop and a Costco run, then stopped by Son Sean's to take him out to dinner with us.  We went to Maggie's On the South Hill.  He'd not been there before, but seemed to really enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment