Wednesday, August 10, 2011

On Top of the Hill

This has been one of those days and I think I've spent a good share of it up here on the top of the hill, either on the telephone or the computer.  We just have had NO access for either down in the coulee.  But, then all of a sudden, my phone will ring and we've got coverage for a few moments.  I just don't understand.  If it's the towers like they say, how come we have reception sometimes???

We spent most of the day deep-cleaning after our nasty unwanted company.  Forry hasn't caught anything for a few days in any of his traps, so I hope they have all either been caught or taken the hint.  I cleaned all the drawers -- and everything in them -- with Clorox spray (and spotted a pair of shorts in the process!).  As we always seem to do when we clean out cupboards, we found a few things we are not using and set them aside to go in the storage unit.  I even managed to throw a few things away, though Forry questioned every one of them and rescued a few.

Even though I thought we did a pretty good job of down-sizing when we first started the full-time RV life, it seems as though we still have things we don't need. We try to follow the rule of always getting rid of something when we bring home something new, but don't always manage that either.

It was a bit cooler today.  I went outside after dinner to read while I listened to the ball game (the Mariners won!) and actually got so chilly I went back inside.

1 comment:

  1. Ack! Not good having rodents in the house. What drawers did they get into? In your bedroom? I hadn't prepared for that!

    ReplyDelete