Tuesday, April 3, 2012

One Hundred Degrees PLUS!

It was HOT today! We made the mistake of just relying on the open windows and fans and didn't turn on the AC until after 5 PM. By then I was seriously overheated and feeling miserable. Several glasses of water and a Pepsi later, it finally cooled off. We finished up the ranch books for 2011 this afternoon and I did three loads of laundry (which dried almost before it got hung up).

When the outside temp finally dropped down to 85, I went outside to repot my poor lavender plant. It's traveled fairly well since Granddaughter Claire gave it to me for Mother's Day last year, but it's finally gotten so root-bound that water just ran right around and through it and it was not tolerating the heat very well all dried out all the time...


I had bought a bag of Miracle Grow potting soil and a new pot yesterday at Home Depot. It looks a bit crooked now. but I soaked it pretty good. I'll see if I can add more soil in the morning and straighten it out a bit.


I've been smelling orange blossoms every time I go outside. Finally figured out that the lovely smell is coming from the neighbors just down the road. I understand this is called a Mock Orange --


While we were at Home Depot, Forry saw this blue solar powered light and put it in the cart with my potting soil. After charging all day, this is what I saw tonight --


Then this --


And finally, there was the blue light I thought we had bought --


It continually cycles through several colors, there is a pink and a sorta turquoise blue as well. Pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment