Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thunderstorm!

It was cool this morning when I woke up so I decided that I would get up and go take my walk early. It's been so hot in the afternoons that I don't even want to go outside. I've been walking after supper when it's cooled off a bit, but even then it's been hot. By the time I got back to the motor home this morning it had warmed up and I had worked up a pretty good "glow." By noon it was back in the high eighties.

But then, the clouds gathered and the wind gusts came. The next thing we knew, there were loud claps of thunder right overhead and it began to rain hard. The temperature dropped to 73 degrees in a manner of minutes! It rained hard for twenty minutes or so, then the clouds started to move off. by four-thirty it was back up to 87 degrees and the skies were clear.

It did make for a pretty sunset tonight though --


No comments:

Post a Comment