Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Busy Day

It's sort of strange that there isn't an office supply store in Fountain Hills. Especially on a day when my printer ran out of ink! We had looked for one before when we were looking for a file box and didn't find anything until we got to Scottsdale. We recently got a copy of the Fountain Hills phone book and didn't find any listings there either.

So we ended up making a trip to Office Max in Scottsdale where I picked up a couple more black cartridges. Then while we were there I decided we might as go downtown and stop by Macy's to look for bedding.

Earlier this year I decided I was completely bored with and tired of the plain blue chenille bedspread I had bought for Auntie Violet. Wait, that's not true we bought it for Alvin, our first RV, over eight years ago. It was getting pretty raggedy and faded. I had decided I would buy a new non-down comforter and duvet cover. I've been looking on the internet, but haven't found anything I really liked.

We went down to the Scottsdale Square where we had found an address for Macy's, but when we got there, we found a store that was being gutted down to the rafters. Forry was waiting in the car in the parking garage while I walked a few blocks further to Nordstrom. They were having their annual January bedding sale.

They don't have a very large bedding department up on their third floor, but after I looked at several different duvet covers, none of which spoke to me, I saw this crazy coverlet. It's basically pieced from a number of different prints --


It has enough different patterns -- including a peacock up there on top -- that I think it will be interesting to look at for a long time. It's also washable cotton and polyester.

It's not completely full yet, but the moon was gorgeous as it rose tonight. The sun was just setting as it rose in the eastern sky --



This is such beautiful country!

No comments:

Post a Comment