Saturday, January 4, 2014

Bills

Today I sat down at the computer and paid all of our bills including our usual donations. I guess I have considered myself somewhat technologically savvy since I use the computer and the Credit Union's Billpay to do it all. Then I was talking to our youngest daughter on the phone tonight and sort of felt like a relic as she said theirs were all on auto-pay, so she didn't even have to do that much...

Thinking about it, I think it's a control issue on my part. I'm just enough of a skeptic to worry about whether or not there will be sufficient dollars in the bank to cover the payments. Now, I know that checks get deposited very nicely every month from both Social Security and  my retirement account, but I guess I just don't quite trust it will happen. I need to physically see that there is money on that bank statement so that I can pay the bills.

It's a strange feeling to come to a new awareness about one's self. You'd think when you get to be as old as I am, you'd know yourself pretty well. I think it just goes to show that the Good Lord's not finished with me yet...

I am looking forward to TV this evening for the first time in a while. The Professional Bull Riders are having their first competition of the 2014 season at Madison Square Garden this weekend after having finished their winter hiatus. It's been frightfully cold in New York. I do hope those bulls are keeping warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment