Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Just Another Day ....

There's not a lot that sets today apart. It was a semi-busy day. I added a couple more months to the ranch books to the ones I had done in January and February of last year. I did one load of laundry, a load of towels. that Forry hung outside. I played some Words With Friends and read a couple of books.

I pre-ordered a book I've been hearing about for some time, Jacob's Choice, Return to Northkill, Book 1, by Ervin B Stutzman. The book is due out on February 8th. Instead of ordering it as an e-book, I actually ordered it as a print book so that I can donate it to the church library after I have read it. Set in the mid-1700s, the book tells the story an early Amish settlement. I have heard Erv talking about the research he has done for this book and I'm looking forward to reading it.

I didn't feel so bad about talking about the glorious weather we've been having after my friend Kathy posted a picture on Facebook this morning of a blooming tree in the parking area of her brother's apartment in Phoenix. It was a beautiful day with just a few high clouds skittering across the sky. The clouds made for this lovely sunset --


I took this picture looking out towards the west from the doorstep of Auntie Violet. Can't complain much about a day that ends with so much beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment