Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The WOLF Moon

I got so frustrated this morning, I could have screamed. As I said yesterday, I ran out of ink for my printer and had to go to Office Max in Scottsdale to get a new cartridge. Fortunately, I put the first one I picked up back and picked up a two-pack one instead. I must have spent a good hour trying to figure out why the printer was rejecting the new cartridge. I even took some alcohol on a q-tip and cleaned the contacts. But the darn thing kept saying I was trying to use a NON-HP cartridge and would not go past that screen!

I debated about opening the second cartridge package and trying it, but I hated to have two packages open at the price of the darn things! Finally, out of desperation, I bit the bullet; opened the second package; installed it and everything worked just fine. Now I'm going to have to make another trip to Office Max to return the first cartridge. They are too expensive not to take it back.

We went over to the office late this afternoon to get the list of camp sites that will be available next fall. People had until this noon to reserve the sites they were already in for next year. Sadly, most of the sites on the river side of the resort have been reserved by people who are coming back next year. There are about half a dozen sites that are still open that we like. I guess we'll have to get up early tomorrow to get in line for when the office opens...

This is a shot of tonight's full moon -- the Wolf Moon. The story goes that the Native Americans called the January full moon the Wolf Moon as that's the time of year the wolves were hungry and howling.


The Wolf Moon also appears to be the smallest moon of the year due to its orbit position. I took these two pictures at the same time. It's interesting how dark the sky appears when the camera lens is pointed up towards the sky...


No comments:

Post a Comment