Monday, January 6, 2014

Blog 2 Print

One of the things I have done every year since I started blogging five years ago was go to Blog 2 Print and have a bound copy of that year's blogs made. I would usually wait until March when they would have a 15% off sale. This year, they started the year off with their sale. The offer expired today, so I have been trying for the last week to get the job done.

I was getting very frustrated as I kept getting kicked off the web-site. It would either not load the book for me to proof it or when it would and I would change something (like having ten pages listing the title of every blog...), it would give me an error message or a "page unavailable" message. Of course, customer service was not open over the weekend for help. Then today, everytime I called I was told by a mechanical voice that "all customer assist persons were presently busy with other customers." Then hold music would come on for precisely two and one-half minutes and then disconnect. After the fifth time that happened, I remembered something I had read and quickly hit the Operator button. Sure enough, I got a real person!

Turns out the problem was with Windows Explorer. I should have guessed that it was a browser issue myself as I write and post the blog on Firefox since Windows Explorer doesn't work with it half the time. What a difference a browser can make! I ended up having to divide this year's book into two volumes as it was too many pages for one. I guess I must be getting long winded or something!

I spent the biggest share of my day fiddling around trying to get the book taken care of. I really am the only one who looks at it once it's printed. My thought is that someday one of my great or even great-great grands will find the books, my diaries as it were, a rich resource of what life was like in the 2000s for ancestors who were crazy enough to live and travel in a motor home.

No comments:

Post a Comment