Thursday, January 30, 2014

Today

I had a very hard time getting going this morning. I just didn't seem to want to wake up. My usual first cup of coffee just wasn't doing its job! I had absolutely no energy and felt like I should have just gone back to bed and slept for another couple of hours.

By afternoon, I was finally with it. I got three loads of clothes washed and hung outside. But, that's about all I got done. Oh, I did do two more months of the ranch books. I guess my day wasn't a total loss after all...

It got a little bit breezy this afternoon, so I had to go sit outside to read so that I could keep an eye on my clothes. I didn't want them them to blow off the clothes rack after all. The hummingbirds continue to use the feeders. You can hear the whirring of their wings before you see them. They also make a funny high-pitched cry - especially when they fly up into the trees behind Auntie Violet. I think it's the warning they give to try to scare off the other males.

I had never watched The Big Bang Theory until we were at our friends Juni and Tom's in Albuquerque last spring. They had recorded several episodes and I got hooked on it. It's one of the few shows that actually makes me laugh. Something about it just tickles my funny bone. I suppose it wouldn't have been so funny tonight if it weren't for the commercials that James Earl Jones has been doing recently mocking texting... Anyway, it was great!


No comments:

Post a Comment