Monday, January 27, 2014

Sticking to the Grindstone...

I've been plugging away at getting last year's bookwork done. I've made it through September which means I've only got three months to go. Then the ranch books are waiting their turn...

I almost feel guilty about working with all of the windows and doors open and the fans on when I listen to the news about weather in the rest of the country. I literally shiver when I watch the horrible scenes of blizzards and accidents. I'm just very glad we are not there.

We stayed up late last night watching the Grammy Award show. Forry commented that it was probably good for us to watch something like that every once and a while just so we would know what was what on the music scene. I do know that the only music I really recognized was that which was country. I've enjoyed the shows on TV today talking about last night, especially the discussions about the fashions. Even though we were watching it live, we missed a lot of the details.

I read something in Froggy Donna's blog today that I really like. She said that she and Stu get up in the morning "when they wake up." That is so true. We may be up by eight or we may be up after nine or even close to ten. After years of subjection to tyranny of the alarm clock, it is nice to know that there is no reason for us to get up early. I do enjoy getting up an hour or so before Forry, just to have some quiet time before the TV comes on.

We don't have much planned for the rest of the week. I'm just hoping that I can stick to what I've been doing and get the rest of the bookwork done!

No comments:

Post a Comment