Saturday, January 18, 2014

Stagecoach Village

The Native American Art Show and Sale we went to yesterday was held at a shopping plaza called Stagecoach Village. It's part of the Cave Creek complex along with the towns of Carefree and Boulder. One look at this picture will tell you how the town of Boulder got its name --


Stagecoach Village is built to look like a Western town. It has a couple of really neat statues around. This horse is so realistic that when I would catch a glimpse of it out of the corner of my eye while I was sitting there, I felt like I needed to move away from those hind feet!


This cowhand was pretty neat too --


We thought about Brother-in-law Ron when we saw this wagon full of firewood. It had not been restored like Ron's, however.


I really like this fun fountain. We "swam" in many of this kind of stock tank when we were kids.


While it was a lovely place to have the outdoor art show with all the canopies and booths set up in the plaza area, it was sad to see how many of the stores in the complex were sitting empty and had "available" signs in their windows. I don't know whether this plaza was one of the victims of the late recession or whether it was just overbuilt in the first place. Without the art show, it must be pretty close to being another ghost town.

No comments:

Post a Comment