Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Trip to Town

Since we got side-tracked last night with the delightful dinner we had at Sofrita, we ended up going back into town for groceries today. I also needed to go back to Office Max to return the defective ink cartridge I bought last week. I was not looking forward to that! But I had the receipt and the young woman at the front checkout station was very nice about. She told me to go ahead and get another cartridge and then come back.

I decided while I was there I would pick up a multi-color cartridge as well. So I got it and another black one and went back to the check-out. Not only did I get credit for the defective cartridge, but credit for the entire original double pack. Besides which, she apologized for the inconvenience it caused me...! Now, that's good customer service!

From there we went on to Safeway for our groceries. I was looking for pink grapefruit, but couldn't find any. One of their ever-present stockers asked what I was looking for and immediately went to the back and brought out a box. Later I was looking for some Minute Maid Light Lemonade, but the spot on the shelf was empty. When I asked a clerk, he went to the back and looked, but came back and apologized, saying they didn't have any more, but he had checked and Coca Cola would be making a delivery tomorrow morning.

There were a lot of people in the store today. When I got to the check-out, the stands had people lined up two and three deep. I was waiting in line when a young man came and opened up another stand. His hands moved almost faster than I could see -- even the bagger commented she couldn't keep up with him.

Quick, efficient, pleasant helpful staff -- that's all I saw today. A good experience all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment