Thursday, July 17, 2014

It's a Bit Cooler

It cooled off a little bit today. Not a whole lot, but enough to make it a great deal more comfortable. I continued my laundry jag, getting the sheets and towels all washed. Then I started on the high cupboards in the living room above the couch. I emptied out the containers in the right hand cupboard. They had dried fruit and some rice and barley that had been there since we moved into the RV! We eat a lot differently now then we did years ago and I don't cook like I did. I emptied quite a few dried out and old spices and things into the garbage.

 

Many years ago, my friend Alice showed me how they fixed storage in their large sailboat. They bought racks to divide the space in half, then used plastic tubs on the bottom portion with other storage on top of the racks. We've used the same idea in many of our cupboards, basically doubling the storage area.

I was able to store Forry's camera (which he seldom uses) in one of the boxes, so that it is no longer on the floor and in the way. I also made room for the cases for our binoculars. The other two overhead compartments are arranged the same way, only the plastic tubs have spices and wine glasses in them. Along the way, I wiped out the cupboards and applied more Liquid Gold to the outsides of the cupboards. I now have the living area and office are done. Next comes the kitchen, which I know won't be near as easy!

I had bought some Walla Walla sweet onions and Gruyere cheese at Rosauers on Tuesday. It was a bit cooler today, so I made an onion pie for supper. I only had a small pie plate handy, so I cut the recipe in half. It worked out well as it was just enough for a meal for the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment