Monday, July 28, 2014

We Move Again

Last night was our last night at Ponderosa Falls with our K/M Resorts membership two week stay. I had called over to Peaceful Pines last evening and made a reservation for a week's stay there. It was hard getting going this morning. It never did cool off last night  and neither one of us had slept very well. Check-out time at Ponderosa Falls is noon, but Forry called in and got us a late checkout. I think we finally pulled out about one o'clock.

It's only  eighteen miles or so between the two parks, so we did not hook up Toad II. I just drove over following Forry and Auntie Violet. It always surprises me how much traffic there is between the freeway and the town of Cheney -- and most of it is two-lane no-passing road.

It was SO hot today! I was wearing a bandana as a head band and I sweated enough to completely soak it. It didn't take us long to get parked and for me to hook up the electricity and water. After I went over to the office and paid for our week's stay, we put out the slides and turned on the air conditioner!

It was too hot to think about a big meal, so I cut up some bacon into chunks and cooked it crispy. Then steamed a big pan of the green beans from Brother Pat's garden. Tossed with the bacon and lots of pepper, the plates of green beans were delicious/

No comments:

Post a Comment