Tuesday, July 15, 2014

What A Day!

I had my second post-op visit today for my second eye, this time with the optometrist from Group Health. It was already hot and humid this morning before I left. I was wet again before I had been out of the shower a half hour. I was planning to have lunch with friends, so left Forry at home as I headed for Spokane.

Dr. Scheffelbein seemed quite happy with both eyes and commented that he thought Dr. Ranson was an artist. The distance vision is clearer in the left eye as he had "tweaked" the right eye lens so that I would have some near vision in that eye. I am finally finished with the four weeks of drops in the right eye, so I'm making progress.

My former colleague Helen had called me a few days ago and invited me to join her and another former WSU colleague for lunch. Since we were both going to be in the downtown area, we decided to meet at the Davenport Hotel lobby for lunch. Ginger, Helen and I had a good visit -- and a good lunch.

After lunch I called another former colleague, Bettie, to see if she was home this afternoon. She had messaged me a few days ago offering us their tickets to the Spokane Indians baseball game next Sunday. They have one of those mini-packages, but have a conflict for Sunday's game. She and Jim were home, so I dodged the road construction on the South Hill and went to pick up the tickets. We sat in their shady back yard; enjoyed a glass of raspberry ice tea; watched the birds and a squirrel; and had a nice visit.

Since I was already up on the South Hill, I made a stop at the 14th Avenue Rosauers, near where we used to live. They had remodeled the store since we had lived there and it is very nice. I even recognized a couple of the staff I used to know. I picked up a few groceries plus another case of water and some Black Butte Porter for Forry and headed for home in time to watch the All Star Game on TV. (And YEAH, the American League won! Even though only let Felix pitch one inning...)




No comments:

Post a Comment