Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Loads and Loads

Lots of loads of laundry. Since we were without a sewer connection the past week and a half at Peaceful Pines, we were basically in a water-conserving mode. That meant no laundry. (I guess I could have used the camp laundry, but I don't like to do that.) So, as a consequence, and as I had spent yesterday basically playing, today was laundry day. One thing about it, clothes dry rapidly in this heat!

I have been enjoying Debbie Macomber's book, Susannah's Garden, the last couple of days. While she always tells a good story, this book is a lot of fun because it takes place in Seattle and Colville, Washington. The main plot is about a woman who lives in Seattle with her family and comes home to Colville to move her mother from her home into an assisted living facility. It's fun to read a book about places I am familiar with!

I've gotten enough energy the last couple of days to start some major cleaning of Auntie Violet. I haven't done it for a while and she definitely needs it. After cleaning off the dust and marks on the cherry wood, I give it a good coat of Liquid Gold. Liquid Gold is basically the only finish Scott and Bobby of Amazing Creations/Kustom Coach Works used on the built-in desk and other furniture they built for us a few years ago. I've been emptying out and cleaning cupboards and drawers as I go, so it takes awhile. I just hope my energy level holds up and I can continue on and maybe finish the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment