Monday, July 21, 2014

Musical Cars

As I was reading The Sisterhood by Helen Bryan this afternoon (a good read, by the way!) the neighbor lady came knocking at our screen door. She said that they were taking their new fifth-wheel back to the dealer early tomorrow morning for some repairs. She said they were concerned about possibly hitting Toad II on their way out. Toad II was parked right in front of Auntie Violet and was probably just fine. But these are tight spaces in the R row and with a new rig, he was evidently concerned. So to be nice and ease their concerns,  I put on my sandals and went out and moved Toad II around to the back of the RV,

A little while later as I was sitting on the couch reading, another lady knocked on the screen door. She said that they were bringing their 39 foot fifth-wheel into the site on the other side of us and she was concerned that her husband would not be able to make the turn without hitting our vehicle. I had to laugh and told her that I had just moved it in back of Auntie Violet. But, to be nice, I once again put on my sandals and went and moved the Toad. Actually, I just pulled him forward to a little space over behind the electrical boxes for the camp. He is most definitely out of anyone's way!

Forry thinks that actually both drivers had plenty of room. But, if they were nervous, I'd rather make them a little less so. Not everyone is lucky enough to be married to an ex-farmer who is used to moving big equipment!

I had to enlist Forry's help to finish up cleaning out the kitchen cupboards. The top cupboards in the corner by the sink are a bit high. It's just a little over my reach to get to the back corner. We emptied out all the dishes and vacuumed out the cupboard before putting stuff back. I added several mugs and a few glasses to the box I plan to take to the Mennonite Country Auction Et Cetera Shop. We have not used the coffee grinder and French press coffee maker for the past couple of years -- ever since we got the Keurig coffee maker. So they went into the box as well, along with the small crock pot I never use.


No comments:

Post a Comment