Monday, January 12, 2015

A Gloomy Day

It was gray, overcast and gloomy when I got up this morning. I was up early and felt as gloomy as the day. The older I get the more I realize how much I crave sunshine. I just do not well without it. In years past, we had made a couple of trips to Alaska in mid-May and I so enjoyed the long days of sunshine. As great as they are, I know that the reversal during the winter would drive me batty very quickly.

We did make a quick trip into Fountain Hills to pick up groceries -- himself was out of licorice! We spotted three of the wild horses on the way, but didn't have a chance for a picture. We also spotted another Road Runner alongside the road -- all puffed up and hiding in plain sight.

Forry has been watching some young vultures perched in a tree across the valley. They pretty much stay in the same place making us think they maybe aren't flying yet?

I was funny to hear the young clerk (from Vancouver, Washington) at Papa Murphy's tell about the balance between Ohio and Oregon customers who had been coming into the store for pizza today.  Evidently, the numbers were pretty evenly split, but he was having a difficult time not telling everyone they should be cheering for Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment