Saturday, January 24, 2015

Busy Day, Windy Day

It was more than gusty today, it was just plain windy. Nice and warm, but windy. I think we are getting the tail end of the Santa Ana winds that are plaguing the California mountains.

I have an Executive Board meeting in Kansas City, Missouri next week (I leave on Thursday, return on Saturday). The documents have all been posted on The Gathering Place on the internet since earlier this week. I have been procrastinating about dealing with the twenty plus documents as it is such a pain. I do understand the rationale - and the money saved - behind not snail mailing the board packets out to everyone. But The Gathering Place is a Microsoft program that I cannot access on my iPad. So I need to download all of the .pdf files on my laptop, then upload them all to Dropbox, so that I can then view them on the Dropbox program on my iPad. I suppose I could take my heavy laptop with me, but this way I only need my lightweight iPad.

It probably would have gone faster if I had not taken the time to read each document and report as I downloaded it. Basically, it's my first read-through of everything. Some of them I'll read through again before I leave and I'll review all of them again on the airplane. It works for me.

Yesterday, The Chew TV show had a guest chef and author named Pati Jinich on the show. She demonstrated a recipe for Bricklayer Tacos (named because they were often served at construction sites) that sounded so good. It used chopped crisp bacon with small chunks of steak, onions and tomatoes for the filling along with slices of avocados. It sounded so good, I had to make some for dinner tonight. Lawsy, they were good!

Also chatted with both of our daughters today. I am a bit worried as they both have the flu at their houses. Grandson Micah had it last week and has passed it on to his Mom. Granddaughter Claire is sick as well. It's a scary year for flu. We need to be sending lots of good wishes and prayers their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment