Thursday, January 29, 2015

Off to Kansas City

Everything  went very smoothly this morning. We got to Sky Harbor International in Phoenix (it's actually Tempe) a little before nine, so I was in plenty of time. Somewhere along the line, I've been granted TSA Pre-Pass status. I'm not sure exactly how, I certainly did not apply for it. Perhaps it is in deference to my age or maybe Alaska Airlines did it because of all the miles I've flown with them.

However it happened, it's sure been nice the last few times I've flown. You get shifted over to an express line, you don't take off your shoes or your jacket. They really expedite you through the security line. Nice.

I flew US Airways today. This was the first time I've seen them ask military in uniform to board right behind First Class. Nice.

I was reading in yesterday's paper about all the private jets who were coming into Scottsdale for the Super Bowl and the parties. Taxiing by the private side of the airport today, you could see that a lot of them came to Phoenix. There were so many jets, they were double and triple parking them.

It's COLD here! And the wind is coming, I swear, directly from the North Pole. I had a half hour wait for the hotel shuttle and I think I'm still chilled...


No comments:

Post a Comment