Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Cleaning?

Most of the time, all it takes is the vacuum and a dust cloth and that takes care of the cleaning task. But every once in a while, I decide the cherry wood in the coach needs a little more. Mostly, it's when I notice streaks under the kitchen or bathroom sinks where something has dripped. Seems to happen every six months or so.

Once I start looking and fussing about it, I start noticing that the knobs in the kitchen are gunky. After I think about it for a couple of days, I finally will get out my little bucket that I store in the closet with the cleaning rags. Usually, when things get to this point, the cupboards need to be washed down before I put on another coat of Liquid Gold.

Liquid Gold is the most amazing stuff. It nicely covers the water marks and stains that show up on the wood. I know that it is the only finish the fellows in Oregon at Amazing Creations and Kustom Coach Works used on the wood when they built my desk.

Anyway, today was one of those days when it got to me. I spent most of the afternoon cleaning and waxing cupboards in spurts. I'd work for a while, read for a while, work for a little longer. In between, I browned some beef chunks, added red wine, a sweet potato, a carrot, an onion and a parsnip so that we had stew for supper. A batch of biscuits with some of Mary's peach jam made for a feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment