Friday, January 9, 2015

It's Friday

All day it's Friday -- and it's a good day.

While it was nicely warm today, it was gusty. We sat outside for a bit after I went for my walk and Forry went for his trike ride. It was nice enough to sit outside and chat with Sister Sherry. She did comment that she could hear the wind whistle over the phone.

I had walked over to the office to check if the box of mail from Daughter MM was here. Sandy, the office staff, was swamped with new arrivals and the telephone (rigs with trailers full of cars for the big Barrett-Jackson Car Auction next week are starting to arrive). She hadn't even started to sort the mail yet, even though it was almost four o'clock. I asked if there was anything I could do to help and she put me to work sorting mail. Interesting task, as there are over two hundred people in the park getting mail. I did what I could, sorting it into stacks for individuals.

While I was in the office, I went ahead and made the reservation and deposit for our stay next fall. We are not sure about what the next year will bring, but in order to have our same site next year, we had to make a deposit for next year by the end of next week.

Back at home, we sat outside and chatted for a while, then went in to listen to the news and start supper. The news was just about where we left off listening this morning. Lots of news from France and the terrorist attacks. It's been a tough few days in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment