Friday, January 23, 2015

Back to Town Again

I spent almost an hour on the phone today with the nicest, most patient tech from Garmin. But thanks to him, our GPS in Toad II is back to being usable today. A week or so ago, after I had brought the unit into the house to update the maps, it decided it could only function in night-time mode. Due to that, the screen could not be seen in daylight. It worked just fine when it wasn't connected in the holder in the car, but that meant the battery would run down in ten minutes or so. The tech tried several things to reset it, but we finally resorted to doing a hard reset. That meant that ALL of the stored addresses were wiped out! But at least, now it works properly.

As I had suspected yesterday, we ended up going back into town right after lunch today. Morris from Arizona Camera Works in Chandler had called to say that the new LCD for my camera had come it and he had replaced the cracked one. It's about a half hour drive from the RV Park to his place of work. Morris had replaced the LCD screen as well as removing and cleaning the lens filter. The new screen was only $58, and I basically have an almost new camera. Since I have my camera back, Forry took custody of the little Canon I have been using. I think he's decided he would like to start taking pictures again. Here's the first one he took tonight --I think we'll be seeing lots of sunset pictures...


After we picked up the camera, we went looking for a pharmacy so that I could buy a new mirror. I had dropped the hand mirror I had more than once and glued it back together. But the last time it fell off the side table, it splintered I I found a nice one at Walgreens. Maybe I can keep this one in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment