Saturday, January 10, 2015

A Rainbow Sort of Day

Today was an interesting day. I spent part of it on the computer, working on some Readers Theatre for the Executive Board meeting coming up the end of the month in Kansas City. I had drafted what I wanted to say on paper with a pencil -- haven't done that for a while!

It was slightly overcast today with clouds that sort of came and went. Then in the late afternoon, we had the shower that had been forecast earlier. It didn't rain much. Just enough to wet the ground. When I went out later to take my walk, it was pleasantly cool, but refreshing. The weather forecast says that we'll have this kind of showery weather for the next week or so. At least it's not freezing at night anymore.

There was a couple that drove in just before sunset and parked a couple of sites down from us. I heard them saying they had run into a lot of black ice up around the Albuquerque area. Doesn't sound like it was very fun traveling.

Just before sunset, I looked out the front window and saw the most beautiful rainbow. We had seen a couple of partial ones earlier, but this one was spectacular.


Within a few minutes, it got darker and rainbow started to dissipate. But it sure was pretty while it lasted.


No comments:

Post a Comment