Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Shopping Trip

It's that time of year again when I need to take all of the receipts and bills, etc. from the ranch file drawer, post them in Quick Books, and put them away in the 2014 file box. But first, we had to pick up a new file box from one of the office supply firms. Since Office Depot and Office Max have merged, they have closed some of their stores. We first went to the Office Depot site listed in the Yellow Pages on my iPhone. Located on Scottsdale Road in Scottsdale, it seemed to be the closest one. But, when we got to the address, it was now a clothing store - with the distinctive double door setup, you could tell it had been an Office Depot.

Okay, back online to look for another store. I found an Office Max about a mile further up Scottsdale Road. This time I  called to see if they were still there. The man who answered the phone, said that, indeed, they were a survivor. So a quick trip there, and then a hunt for the store. It was one of those shopping complexes with multiple large buildings. The store we wanted turned out to be down a side road, way towards the back. But, we finally found it and picked up the file box, another package of paper and a couple of small storage boxes for Forry's corner.

From there it was back to Fountain Hills to the grocery store. I think I've made it plain that I dislike shopping for groceries, but I bit the bullet and got the job done. The only really nice thing was using one of the Starbuck's cards Sister Dena gave us for Christmas. Forry had his usual Peppermint Mocha while I tried out the new Flat White drink (two shots of espresso with frothy milk). It's very similar to a plain latte, but it seems a little richer tasting.

While I was in the grocery store, I got a call from Morris at Arizona Camera Works in Chandler. He said the LCD screen for my camera had arrived and he had gotten it installed. So I guess we'll be going to town again tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment