Saturday, January 3, 2015

Cold Nights

There were five nights in the last week where the temperature dropped down to 27 degrees. Without a doubt, the cacti do not like the cold! When I took my walk this afternoon, I saw some of the damage from the cold. To look at it, you'd almost think there had been vandals at work in the park.


The weight of the frozen sections just tore them from the plant --


It was sad to see so many pieces just lying on the ground --


We boxed up the luminarias and the weights we had left to dry out last night. I was able to pack the luminarias into one box instead of the two they came in. That should make storage a bit easier.

It was a good afternoon. I had a nice telephone visit with Sister Sherry, then with Brother Pat and Nephew Nick while they were driving home from their day at the Farm. Later Daughter Dawn called and visited for a while. It's not quite the same as seeing them, but it sure feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment