Monday, January 26, 2015

Dollar Stores

I needed to pick up some cheap (throw-away) candle holders for the worship at the Executive Board meeting this week. My partner Joy is bringing the candles, but didn't have four holders. Since I have no intention of bringing them back to the RV, I figured I'd look at one of the dollar stores. Looking online to find one is interesting. Would you believe there is one in hoity-toity Scottsdale?

We found a Dollar Tree store even closer to us just outside of Fountain Hills about five miles away, right next to the Target store. I think the last time - and maybe the only time -  I was in a dollar store was with Daughter Dawn when she was shopping for her Purple Party (a thank you party for the lovely ladies who made her purple pansy quilt). I quickly found the glass candle holders for a buck apiece. They actually are pretty good looking. I even remembered to get matches. Yes, they had a couple of kinds of those in the back of the store.


 

Dollar stores are fascinating places. This one was about a third dedicated to items for Easter and Valentine's Day. If you are planning a party, this would be the place to come. I was surprised by the quantity of groceries as well. I guess I've not thought about buying groceries at one.

We made one more stop before we headed home, stopping at Safeway to pick up a couple of TV dinners for Forry to eat while I am gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment