Saturday, April 9, 2011

A COLD Rainy Day

Well, the weatherman was right! We didn't get the rain during the day yesterday, but last evening it started to rain and it kept it up off and on all night. This is the normally dry drainage ditch that runs behind the RV Resort -- And there were actually puddles on many of the street corners --


This is the way the sky looked today when the rain had pretty much stopped --



And it was COLD! I had socks, jeans and a long-sleeved shirt plus my jacket when we went out for a walk. Quite a contrast to my usual minimal clothing... It was 46 degrees when we got up this morning and it is 47 degrees this evening. I made a pot of chili along with some cornbread muffins for supper. Nice and warming. I have finally figured out the secret of making just enough chili for two servings, but ended up freezing half of the batch of muffins for another day (don't quite know how use just 1/2 an egg...).

No comments:

Post a Comment