Friday, April 1, 2011

More Cactus Flowers!

We went over to the clubhouse restaurant tonight for a fish fry that was advertised to run from 4 PM to 8 PM. We thought we'd go over about 6 in order to be back to watch the Mariner's game at 7. But when we go over there, we found out they had decided to end it at 6 PM! So we came back home and I fixed dinner here. When I was walking back to Auntie Violet, I saw this cactus with a very different colored bloom then what I had seen before -- It's definitely in the Prickly Pear family, but instead of fuchsia, the blooms are this lovely shade of peach --



The plant appears to be absolutely loaded with buds. It should put on a spectacular show in a couple of days --



The fifth-wheel trailers on either side of us are permanent residents here. The owners had them moved in by the dealer they bought them from. They've been parked here ever since -- I think the one guy told Forry it had been six years (neither of them have pick-ups or trucks they could tow them with). The owners come and stay in them every winter and then go back north to their stix-n-brix homes in the summer. The folks on our right side left a week or so and the folks on the left having been packing up the last couple of days. I can hardly wait for them to leave. The man does not smoke in his 5th wheel. He sets a chair at the edge of his site -- right under our windows -- to do his smoking! And he must have insomnia. Last night I smelled smoke at 2 AM! It never really cooled off last night and I had the bedroom windows open. The smell woke me up; when I looked outside; I could see his cigarette glowing! Grr! And early this morning, he and two of his buddies were sitting there smoking before we even got up!

No comments:

Post a Comment