Saturday, April 16, 2011

Once Again, I'm Home Again


  • We got a ride (my Navajo friend Tina and I) with one of our fellow Board members about 2:30 this afternoon even though Tina's flight wasn't until 4:30 and mine was at 6:30. But, when I checked in, I was told there was an earlier flight leaving at 3:30 and would I be interested in taking that one instead. I had to hustle, but I made it through security and got to the gate just as they were loading. So instead of getting back to Phoenix at 8:30, I was here at 5:40. Nice!



  • I am obviously very tired -- I'm not used to putting in such long days without a nap! I didn't know what time my now earlier flight would arrive in Phoenix, so I could tell Forry when to come pick me up (and, of course, that isn't on the boarding pass). So I asked the lady at the gate when the flight got into Portland. She looked at me rather strangely; didn't say anything for a minute; then finally said, "You do know that you are already in Portland?!"


  • Portland International doesn't have any of the new back-scatter machines at the security gates, so I had to go through the regular metal detector and naturally my titanium knees set off the alarm. I've been choosing to go through the new machines which are very quick and it's been a while since I've had a pat-down. They indeed have gotten more intense -- and much more invasive -- and they take a lot more time. I'll be very glad when every airport has the new machines!

No comments:

Post a Comment