Monday, April 18, 2011

A Trip to Target and the Post Office


  • It wasn't quite as hot today -- it only got up into the mid-nineties! We did get brave and ventured out to a Target store. I needed to pick up a few more things for the grand-children to fill up their Easter boxes. We went back to Auntie Violet and sealed up and addressed the boxes. Then we went to the Mesa Post Office. The parking lot was full! Realizing what that meant, Forry decided to stay in the car and take a nap while I went to stand in line. the line was w-a-y out to the foyer! At least after you got about ten feet in from the door, there was a counter that you could put your boxes on while you waited and moved along it.


  • I got to chatting with the fellow in line behind me who was mailing a small package to Minnesota. He kept getting more and more antsy as the line slowly moved along. He finally told me that he had allotted fifteen minutes at the post office before he went to pick his kid up at school. Fortunately, the line moved along reasonably fast and we finally got to the head. I told him to go on and go ahead of me since I had all the time in the world. The look on his face was priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment