Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Still More Flowers!

I think each day that I have seen all the different flowers in bloom on the cacti in the park. But, it seems like every time I take a walk I find another different one! This one is a hedgehog cactus that is actually in a pot --






The pot is just sitting out in the gravel by this house. I've passed it many times and hardly even noticed it. But look at it now!






This is another in the hedgehog cacti family. It was just a boring clump of prickly spikes last week --




And now it is this spectacular display --






I saw this flower bud spike about noon when I was walking back to Auntie Violet from the front office --





One of the ladies I had talked to last week had mentioned to me that some of the larger buds opened only at night. So this evening I walked back up to B24 to take another look --





And sure enough, it had opened up to this very striking blossom --






It looks like there may be another bud coming along --






A little bit of laundry today, a orange beef stir-fry for dinner, a Mariners game -- that they're winning -- on TV. You can't ask for a whole lot more.


No comments:

Post a Comment