Monday, July 15, 2013

Once Again, On the Road

It took us most of the morning, but we finally got everything cleaned up and were ready to go. It was nice that Todd and Granddaughter Havela were there cleaning and finishing loading stuff from the house. They were able to help us load my trike and the lounge chairs back into Toad II (we had needed those back seats up for the grandkids!). It sure made it a lot easier. I told Todd he'd have to come to Arizona next Spring and help us again...

It felt good to be back on the road, though. The freeway was pretty busy in the Portland area with traffic slowed, but fortunately never stopped.


Lovely green Washington State! We headed north on Interstate 5 --


We went as far as Elma, Washington and the Travel Inn Resort. We got parked, the electric and water hooked up, then I put on my swimming suit and jumped into the pool. There were a couple of young kids playing in the shallow end, but otherwise the pool was pretty empty. The water wasn't very cold, but it sure cooled me off -- I still had a heat headache, but it was much better.

Forry got his ice maker going tonight and I've been making iced tea with the Keurig machine. I have had a box of iced tea k-cups for a while, but had never tried it. I think I like the way it makes quick tea. But it does take a lot of ice cubes!

No comments:

Post a Comment